How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102320
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file for Motion for Non-Disclosure but do not have

This answer was rated:

I need to file for Motion for Non-Disclosure but do not have much money. How can I go about this?
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Let me first ask, do you already have a copy of the motion?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I do not have a copy. This is the first time to even look for answers

Okay, no problem. First, let me confirm that you are eligible - what were you convicted of, or received a deferred adjudication on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was a manufacturing charge in 2002 in Fort Worth court
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX happened - were you convicted, did you get deferred adjudication, or was the matter dropped without conviction or you were found not guilty?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was deferred adjudication. On probation for 10 years but was let off in 07
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good information and I appreciate your patience.

You can go to sites like or to get the motion/order. Once you do this, you contact the Court that you were given deferred adjudication in and ask their address of where to file said motion. You also ask the clerk for a hearing date. Once you get one, you send it to the court with a cover letter that reminds them of the hearing date.

You then serve the District Attorney's office via certified letter, as well as the former PO, with said motion and a cover letter giving them the date and time.

Then you show up at the date/time and have a quick hearing on the matter. The DA/PO can make an appearance and endorse/oppose it, and then it is up to the Court to decide.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction – really – don’t be shy! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.
Ely and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you