How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you get information regarding a bench warrant (state)

Customer Question

How do you get information regarding a bench warrant (state) for someone or hire somebody that will follow the same procedure as the police, not one of those internet service that obtain their info. from public records, that is a waste of money. Usually I believe the authorities when they check your background, not only with DMV , but with the FBI data center, is that right.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Sam :


Sam :

What information do you want?

Sam :

Are you wondering when it was issued? What court, etc?

Customer :

To find out if there is an outstanding bench warrant in CA for someone for something that it happened over 20 yrs. ago. I believe was for sale of narcotics, he is not sure of the status of that case.

Customer :

I have not get an answer yet, did you e-mailed to m ?

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am still waiting for your answer, no e-mails yet, please let me know when. Thanks



Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

I am here and just got notice of your reply

If you want to see if there is a bench warrant, contact the Clerk of the Court.

Or you can call any Sheriff's office. They will have it in a data base.

Remember, that even though it is 20 years old, it can still be active if it was never served

Customer: replied 5 years ago.


Thanks for your response, but I have already done that at the county clerk, also called the sheriff's office and they transfered me to another and another and at the end they told me that can't give that info. over the phone and has to be in person, my friend who is overseas will have to do it himself whe he gets back, that is why he asked to me to find for him as much as I could, he is worry at the time of checking in any unexpected surprise, according to him he never was served with the same token he took off, so that is what I was trying to do to confirm if still active, so as you can see I already knew where to inquire, nothing new.

Anyhow appreciate your info. if you have any other ideas or source that could help me I will be grateful..




Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Well, your friend does not have to do it personally. It is public information. So, I suggest you go into the Clerk's office and tell them you want the information.

It would still be active, if it has not been served. You can contact a local attorney who can file a Motion to have it vacated/recalled.

That is something a local attorney can do.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck