How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask D. WINOGO ESQ. Your Own Question
D. WINOGO ESQ., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4714
Experience:  10+ years of experience in all manner of litigation and hearing officer/arbitrator
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
D. WINOGO ESQ. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a judgement vacated on an identity theft case

Resolved Question:

How do I get a judgement vacated on an identity theft case where the judgement is in another state and over a year old?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 5 years ago.
If the collection agency sued you in court in the other state without ever serving you with a summons and complaint, then you need to make a motion to vacate the judgment to the court which issued said judgment. In that motion, you need to demonstrate that you were never served with process (the summons and complaint) and therefore had no knowledge of the lawsuit. Then you have to demonstrate that you have a good defense to the claim (the police report).
D. WINOGO ESQ. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you