J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
15393114

What do i need to do to get an arrest warrant against me removed.The

What do i need to do to get an arrest warrant against me removed.The case was dismissed but the warrant is still in police records
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello.

J.Hazelbaker :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

The most efficient and most certain way to do this is to file a motion to vacate the arrest warrant in the court in which the warrant was issued.

J.Hazelbaker :

This would be the court where the charge was brought and originally heard.

J.Hazelbaker :

You would use the original case number XXXXX to the case (which you can obtain by calling the clerk of court and providing your name).

J.Hazelbaker :

While this could be handled quickly by a local attorney, you can probably do it yourself.

J.Hazelbaker :

The motion needs to be in a format similar to the other filing in your case file (e.g. name of court at top, name of parties below that, case number, and a title -- Motion to Vacate Warrant ).

J.Hazelbaker :

You would then simply ask the court to vacate the warrant based on the fact that it was not properly vacated earlier, upon the dismissal of the charge.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.