How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son is 19 years old usually a good kid, but now hes being

Resolved Question:

my son is 19 years old usually a good kid, but now he's being charged with residential burglary and conspericy, whatcan i do i just found out his arraignment is this afternoon, how can i help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The only way to really help him is to retain an attorney to defend him. He may or may not be appointed a public defender as he has made bond, and without knowing his income and the standards of the court, I cannot be sure, either. Regardless, it's always best to have an attorney working just for you and not someone appointed who is going to be overburdened with cases.

As for this afternoon, he just needs to plead "not guilty". A new court date will be provided and you can get a lawyer before then.

While we cannot recommend specific lawyers on the site (we cannot endorse attorneys), I can point you in the right direction to find counsel. I suggest you do a couple things. Contact the state bar's lawyer referral service. They can put you in touch with multiple referrals to discuss the case with. The other is to go to the website This is the site lawyers use when needing to find other lawyers to associate with on a case. They rate lawyers both by their peers and their clients. The best lawyers are going to be rated "AV".

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.


Nate and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions