J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
15393114

Can I ship a grow tent (used for efficiently growing plants

Can I ship a grow tent (used for efficiently growing plants indoors) via UPS or USPS. I would like to sell it on ebay and declare it is NOT for growing illegal substances of any kind (NOTE: people use grow tents and lights etc to grow marijuana. Some states allow registered folks with medical necessity to grow marijuana). Can I ship between states where it is legal to grow? From a state where it is not legal to a legal state? Between illegal states? Are there any other things I need to be concerned with?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello.

J.Hazelbaker :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

As long as the product has a legitimate, legal use and as long as you have no specific knowledge that the product is being used by a particular buyer for an illegal purpose, there are no restrictions to selling or shipping merely because the

J.Hazelbaker :

product has the potential to be used illegally.

J.Hazelbaker :

Where a product, not illegal by its nature, could be used in an illegal manner, the product is only restricted if there is intent to sell/buy it for that purpose.

J.Hazelbaker :

Thus, as long as you either know that it will be used legally or don't have any information that it will be used illegally, then you are o.k.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

Customer:

So, if my eBay add specifically says - Not Intended for growing an illegal substances - then I should be covered - correct?

J.Hazelbaker :

That's correct.

J.Hazelbaker :

Customer:

Thanx for your help :-)