How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2601
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The city I live in is trying to criminally prosecute me for

Customer Question

The city I live in is trying to criminally prosecute me for not painting my house under the Mn state statute relating to the nuisance ordenance. They claim "I annoy a number of people" My house is in the state of remodel for several years. We have some rooms that we want to rearrange on the main floor which is going to change the placement of windows. So siding is the last thing that I will be dealing with.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

With regard to the law of nuisance, it takes more than mere annoyance to be liable. In most states, the requirement is that one person is substantially and unjustifiably interfering with another's use and enjoyment of their home. This general rule can be defined with more particularity and examples, by statute.

If you let me know what statute you are being accused of violating, I can review the matter more specifically.

Best of luck!

If you need more information, just let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you.


If I have answered your question, please remember to click “ACCEPT.”

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

I leave Positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Positive feedback helps customers get quick responses to future questions.

If you would like to request my assistance for future questions, please begin the question with "FOR ATTORNEY 1".


This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.