Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I think the police have tapped my cell phone. I called a "massage"

I think the police have tapped my cell phone. I called a "massage" service from backpage.com, and there was a police car at the location I was to meet someone at, so I left. It has happened three times. Will I get arrested?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
No, just calling a massage service isn't illegal.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but how do they know what goes on my conversation? I talked to someone, who said call me back when you are at this street. a police car was waiting there and followed me. It has happened three times. How did they get access to the conversation? How can I get my phone unbugged?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
It is unlikely they bugged your cell phone because they would need a specific court order to do it and that isn't likely to happen for something like trying to get a massage service. What is more likely is that they either know how this is set up, if the massage person is the one who set up the meeting place, or they bugged the massage person's phone.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I would be contacted by police for this, in what time frame should I expect them to contact me. I am afraid I getting a charge for soliciting. Is that possible? Suppose I visited a place months ago, could they still charge me for either one?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
They could still charge you but usually it is immediately or, at the most, within a few weeks. I've never seen a massage parlor type bust that took longer than a month.