CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Yesterday I do not know why one of my girl friends called me

Yesterday I do not know why one of my girl friends called me from jail and left a message when I callef her back I met a law enforcement ofgicer he askedy name and pjone number and told mey friends incarcerated.what I want to know is that is this what u said not to talk to do ypu thonk that there trying to know if I have something to do with her?whats your opinipn?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

You have no obligation to speak with the police. It is odd that she is calling you from jail and not asking for anything other then you coming to bail her out. It is possible she is working with the police and trying to see if you have an involvement with her and the reason she is in custody. If you know her, you should have an idea of why she would be involved with the police. It is probably best to distance yourself with her, so you are not brought into the situation, when you have nothing to do with it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She called later with a dofferent number and tolde to call me back.do you think she complained some kind of thong about me and they are tryong to see if I know her but the first time she called me the message was like an inmate from washingtin county is trying to talk to me then when I called back he asked me if I know the girl by that name do you think they are trying to match up a story?
It is possible. If she called from the jail, the conversation was likely recorded. She could have told them something about you and was trying to get you to admit something over the phone. A person does not have a casual conversation from jail, so it is certainly something to be aware of.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you advise me to do?i had sex with this girl like six months ago?if she complains of lets say sexual abuse do you thonk that she will be able to make me being accused of it?
There would need to be evidence of the abuse and the fact that it was 6 months ago is questionable.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So why do you think she wants to speak to me?i forgot also to tell you the first time I called to jail a woman picked up the phone and told me there is200bill in my acvount the second time I called the law inforcement officer told me I can set up a prepaid account and talke to her anytime.
You would need to ask her why she wants to speak with you now. It could be for help getting out of jail or it could be to try and bring you into her case.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What kind of cases do you have in mind?
She could have been arrested and charged with something. You can try and look her up on the county jail website and see if she was arrested.