Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
Are police reports (related to cases that are no longer
Legal Expert Justin
Legal Expert Justin, Law Degree
Are police reports (related to cases that are no longer under investigation) allowed to be used as evidence to be filed in a civil court pleading?… read more
is filing a false police report illegal in california, and
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Private Practice Attorney
is filing a false police report illegal in california, and if so, what penal code section does it violate?? thanks… read more
if i where to be sentenced on nov,12 under penal code 700.00
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
if i where to be sentenced on nov,12 under penal code 700.00 or not sure what penal code is for prior nonviolent 3degree aggraveted assault possesion of a weapon brass knuckles either way under either… read more
pled to penal code 289h was told i needed to register under
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney and Counselor at Law
pled to penal code 289h was told i needed to register under penal code 290 in 1989 in 1996 recived a c.o.rehab it was a felony do i still have to register as i seen where 261.5 and 289h where not requ… read more
If a police report is filed (in California) under domestic
Sam, Attorney
If a police report is filed (in California) under domestic violence, but there are no charges pressed, and no victims listed on the report, what information and how detailed of information is accessib… read more
In California, if a police report is filed under domestic violence,
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
In California, if a police report is filed under domestic violence, but there are no charges pressed, and no victims listed on the report, what information and how detailed of information is accessibl… read more
I am being contacted by a local investigator at the police
Ely, Counselor at Law
I am being contacted by a local investigator at the police department to come in for questioning. He has become more and more aggressive and just left a message threatening to go to my wife's high sch… read more
I am trying to find the penal code relating to failure to
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Attorney
I am trying to find the penal code relating to failure to identify for the state of alaska … read more
i filed a police report of being raped and our house being
Roger, Litigation Attorney
i filed a police report of being raped and our house being burgalarized. What is my penalty?… read more
my case was dismissed under penal code 1382;failure to bring
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
my case was dismissed under penal code 1382;failure to bring to court in time.and was procedurally barred from being prosecuted and i have the dockett/minute order to prove it.an over zealous prosecut… read more
what would be the penalty for being convicted for a misdemeanor
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
what would be the penalty for being convicted for a misdemeanor under penal code 415(3)? thank you Anthony… read more
My boyfriend is being charged with a crime under california
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
My boyfriend is being charged with a crime under california penal code 288A(B)(1).... from my understanding through my own research he can only be charged with 1 year in prison at the most. His public… read more
My insurance is doing an investigation on a claim that I
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
Hello ma'am. My insurance is doing an investigation on a claim that I filed. They told me to file a police report cause I didn't file one at the scene. I haven't got paid or anything. The claim is sti… read more
Situation: Ex filed police report stating s credit card was
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
Hello, Situation: Ex filed police report stating his credit card was used without permission. I had no proof at the time, so I plead guilty to misdemeanor. Now, I finally have the emails of proof and … read more
Can I be arrested for being under the influence without a drug
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
Can I be arrested for being under the influence without a drug test? In other words, can a police officer file a report, and based on his observations and or conclusions have a warrant issued for unde… read more
what are the penal codes on attempted theft , of $50 or under
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, Attorney
what are the penal codes on "attempted theft", of $50 or under? Also, what are the hours allowed for filing a complaint after arrest?… read more
i am being with penal code 530. I do not have any prior theft
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
i am being with penal code 530. I do not have any prior theft or fraud charges. I go to court this month? What am I looking at?… read more
I am a landlord. Under the premis of the housing code police
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I am a landlord. Under the premis of the housing code police have entered every unit without warrant videoed and interrogated all residents. Vacant units under our control were entered and owners(me i… read more