Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
Which should we do first, request for the bail reduction
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, JD Honors Graduate
Which should we do first, request for the bail reduction hearing, or try to get the Public Defender to file a motion to compel? Or both at the same time, but we may have to do the bail reduction part … read more
Should the public defender have ask for a bond reduction hearing
Zoey_ JD
Should the public defender have ask for a bond reduction hearing within a given amount of time after a defendent is incarcerated on a non-capital offense? If there is no time limit then does that mean… read more
In Missouri, if you cannot afford a defence attorney, and
Joseph Leon
Joseph Leon, Member
In Missouri, if you cannot afford a defence attorney, and the courts assigns a public defender, can you post bail and not lose your public defender? They say if you can post bail, then you can afford … read more
I was denied a public defender due to the amount of my bond
Zoey_ JD
I was denied a public defender due to the amount of my bond that was posted 50.000, but that of which my family posted, not me. I am on welfare with the income of 365.00 a month coming in shouldn't i … read more
Same situation, Speaking on behalf of another, I've asked
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, JD
Thanks. Same situation, Speaking on behalf of another, I've asked the Public Defender about a reduction hearing, and he said he can't do anything. After 42 days the PD still have not went and spoke wi… read more
the pd arranged for a bail reduction hearing 1/24/12 it did
Zoey_ JD
the pd arranged for a bail reduction hearing 1/24/12 it did not go well. the judge at first stated that my nepews counsel had previously requested bail. reduction. counsel told the judge that she was … read more
Is a Public Defender required to have a certain number of meetings
socrateaser, criminal lawyer
Is a Public Defender required to have a certain number of meetings with his/her defendant before a hearing? What can be done if the Public Defender does not or will not have a meeting with a defendant… read more
A post-conviction relief case was denied and defendant will
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
A post-conviction relief case was denied and defendant will appeal. He has 30 days to file his petition in error and brief with appeal court after the judge files his order denying post conviction app… read more
Is it legal for a Public Defender to try to get a client to
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Is it legal for a Public Defender to try to get a client to plead guilty if there is no evidence against him?… read more
Do I need an attorney to defend me after I have posted bail
Ray, Lawyer
Do I need an attorney to defend me after I have posted bail and been arragined on a charge of "failure to provide information or render aid"… read more
Can a court proceed if a defendant cannot retain a lawyer
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Can a court proceed if a defendant cannot retain a lawyer because of non indignant if denied public defender … read more
Do we post the bail, house collateral with the court or a
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Do we post the bail, house collateral with the court or a bail bondsman? If with a bail bondsman, how do they then get paid? How does the colleratal (house equity) get determined and how long does it … read more
Public Defender. I have a California Public Defender
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
Hello Public Defender. I have a California Public Defender (my third one in 5 months) as I have to re hash everything over with the details of my case with the "new" PD. This alone is frustrating. I h… read more
How do I get an assigned public defender/public defender removed
Ely, Counselor at Law
How do I get an assigned public defender/public defender removed from the case an another public defender assigned?… read more
If a public defendant tells their client that they are going
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
If a public defendant tells their client that they are going to have to do time before the trial even starts, doesn't that mean the lawyer should remove themself from that clients case because they al… read more
As a client who has had a public defender assigned to my case,
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Attorney at Law
As a client who has had a public defender assigned to my case, do I have rights regarding the quality of that defense?… read more
I've given the client the information to request the Bail
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, JD
Good Afternoon. I've given the client the information to request the Bail reduction. They are planning on sending it out on Monday. What time frame should we have any individuals ready that would like… read more
I want to post bail for a relative They said a source hearing
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
I want to post bail for a relative They said a source hearing is required Please explain. And what should I do.… read more