Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
Me and my wife had an argument she hit me and I called the
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Me and my wife had an argument she hit me and I called the police there are no marks on me my belt is broke from where she was trying to pull me up . Bt the police are charging her with assault and ba… read more
I am under a misdomeaner domestic violence battery charge.
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
I am under a misdomeaner domestic violence battery charge. My wife hit me and I restrained her for 5 seconds shaking her by the neck. I got arrested, no former record and released OR. The next step I … read more
Ive been charged with domestic abuse charge by my wife. We
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
Ive been charged with domestic abuse charge by my wife. We did have a big argument, but not phyisical. She claimes that I threw her out the door. She left and ran to our pasters house on her own. My P… read more
I have had bogus charges of domestic battery against me to
Zoey_ JD
i have had bogus charges of domestic battery against me to keep me from my wife and kids. it was dismissed but i plead guilty to violating a pfa and still have to do 1 year probation and the pfa or re… read more
My wife and I have to go to court next month and she is being
socrateaser, criminal lawyer
My wife and I have to go to court next month and she is being charge for domestic battery and for me criminal something but my question is what can a judge tell us during the court day. I do not want … read more
Can a charge of battery be defended with any argument such
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
Can a charge of battery be defended with any argument such as "He cussed me; that's why I hit him. That's the way I was raised." If yes, cite cases.… read more
I have questions of Domestic Violence in NJ. Please help.
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
I was charged for simple assault of Domestic Violence in NJ this afternoon. My wife and I had some argument earlier, she jumped out of the car when we were waiting for traffic light and left. I didnt … read more
i was charged with domestic battery 3rd and also had been charged
GAF LAW
GAF LAW, Lawyer
i was charged with domestic battery 3rd and also had been charged domestic battery 3rd about 3 yrs ago aslo on the case 3 yrs ago i got fined and was put on probation for 1 year which in that year eve… read more
My husband grabbed me by the neck and shook me for only
Phillips Esq., Attorney
My husband grabbed me by the neck and shook me for only 10-15 seconds tonight during a brief argument. I called 911 because my daughter was in the room and I wanted to set a good example and make sure… read more
I have a friend that was charged with a misdemeanor battery
Zoey_ JD
I have a friend that was charged with a misdemeanor battery in 1994 (She punched her father after he hit her over the head with a fly rod. She was released on pre trial diversion program and was told … read more
I've been charged with domestic battery by strangulation
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I've been charged with domestic battery by strangulation and was bailed out. I was going to pyschotherapy before my arrest and my goal is to continue to go without possibly giving the state more evide… read more
I am in West Virginia and I was arrested on a Domestic battery
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I am in West Virginia and I was arrested on a Domestic battery charge on my wife. She wants to drop the charge what will be on my record.… read more
I have a domestic battery charge in the state of illinois.
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have a domestic battery charge in the state of illinois. Is it true that if I the person who my charges are against and she testifies that I did not do anything that the charges get dropped. She did… read more
my wife is charged with Domestic Battery. She called 911 and
BenPrince
BenPrince, J.D. (Law degree)
my wife is charged with Domestic Battery. She called 911 and they took her away. I am not pressing any charges. How do we get this dropped?… read more
i was arrested in december for domestic battery, my ex girlfriend
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
i was arrested in december for domestic battery, my ex girlfriend hit me and i pushed her out of the way and of course she said i tried to strangle her now she has brought 2 ex wives in and it is a re… read more
I have a grandson in Michigan who was arrested and charged
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I have a grandson in Michigan who was arrested and charged with domestic violence. He and his wife had an argument and the girl's step-father called the police. The young man was arrested, jailed, arr… read more
If the state of Nevada is pressing battery domestic violence
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
If the state of Nevada is pressing battery domestic violence charges against me for accidentally hitting my boyfriend with an object and he is on my side and does not want to press charges how should … read more
I am charged with domestic violence and battery by a former
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
I am charged with domestic violence and battery by a former tenant. As she was moving her belongings out, she called the police and made this claim in order to bypass giving me a check for the rent an… read more