How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20296
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok here it goes. I have a class 6 felon on my record. From

This answer was rated:

Ok here it goes.
I have a class 6 felon on my record. From several yrs ago. I wrote a phony perscription and tried to pass it off, but the phramacy called the big boys and thats all she wrote.
During the 3 yr probation, I had a PO who tried to mess me over. Thats all I'll say about that.
The question I have is this. Can I get this expunded from my records? I've heard yea and nea about this. But really need a right answer. I live in virginia.

Was this a State or Federal conviction?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think state. In state of virginia
Hello again,

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately like a Federal conviction a conviction in Virginia State court cannot be expunged. Therefore the only way that your conviction could ever be removed would be if you received an absolute pardon from the Governor. You can find out more about that at:

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.

Marsha411JD and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you