Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
I was caught shoplifting, first offense. Value of articles
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
I was caught shoplifting, first offense. Value of articles was $364. Macy's has charged me $664 - the price of the goods, plus $300. I plan to pay this tomorrow. A police officer came, cuffed me and w… read more
should you get a lawyer for a first offense shoplifting charge
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
should you get a lawyer for a first offense shoplifting charge? What is the fine for first offense shoplifting if the item was $10?… read more
I got caught shoplifting in Massachusetts. Is my first offense..I
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Doctoral Degree
I got caught shoplifting in Massachusetts. Is my first offense..I am aware that I will be fined. My concern is if it will stay in my record. I'm afraid it will mess up my chances at finding employment… read more
My nephew was caught shoplifting. HE is 20, and has never
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
My nephew was caught shoplifting. HE is 20, and has never had a single offense, in fact does lots of community service work on his own. A great kid, but listened to some bad advice from a "sometimes f… read more
I have first my offense misdemeanor shoplifthing $7 lip
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Assistant Principal
hi I have first my offense misdemeanor shoplifthing $7 lip liner21 years ago I pay fines and do my community service … read more
First time shoplifting offense in Tennessee..court
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
First time shoplifting offense in Tennessee..court today..not sure what to do..about to panic..accused of theft of a $5.44 item.would appreciate advice..my number is ***** ***-****..my name is Deann..… read more
I was caught shoplifting a 38$ video game. Its my first offense
Crim.Law.Expert
Crim.Law.Expert, Doctoral Degree
I was caught shoplifting a 38$ video game. Its my first offense of any kind. I have a court date. What should I expect?… read more
My daughter was caught shoplifting petty lacrcy first offense,
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
My daughter was caught shoplifting petty lacrcy first offense, was told should ask for an ACD also youthful offender status. Going to court today have been told DA will not be present can we ask the j… read more
Had a DUI in North Carolina in 1999 license suspended, went ...
4ren6
4ren6, Retired
Had a DUI in North Carolina in 1999 license suspended, went to court, was issued community service, pay fine, and attend assessment classes. At that time was in the process of moving out of state. Mov… read more
Hello, I was caught shoplifting and go to court this Tuesday.
Ellen, Attorney
Hello, I was caught shoplifting and go to court this Tuesday. About $40.00 from a grocery store. First time offense. What is my best course of action and what should I expect? sn… read more
If I pay all of my fines and do all of my community service
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
If I pay all of my fines and do all of my community service hours as quick as I can is it possible for me to get off of probation early?… read more
i was caught shoplifting $160. im sixteen and this is my ...
NACDL LIFE MEMBER
NACDL LIFE MEMBER, Attorney at law
i was caught shoplifting $160. im sixteen and this is my first offense. what do you think my punishment will be?… read more
I was caught shoplifting and thihs my first offense for any
ScottyMacEsq, Doctoral Degree
I was caught shoplifting and thihs my first offense for any crime. The amount shoplifted is $114.20 in South Carolina. I have a secret clearance and work for the Department of Defense. How can I keep … read more
My husband and I were caught shoplifting today, yes we did
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My husband and I were caught shoplifting today, yes we did shoplift no not on purpose. It is my first offense of anything other than traffic tickets but it is his third misdemeanor, what is the likely… read more
My name isXXXXX recently was caught shoplifting for about
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
My name isXXXXX recently was caught shoplifting for about $50.00. it was my first offense and i don't have a record of doing this before. I am a good student and have two jobs, i don't know what was g… read more
I was caught shoplifting at Walmart today in the amount of
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
I was caught shoplifting at Walmart today in the amount of 87.84. This is my first offense and I desperatly do not want this on my record. I have heard that North Carolina allows a program if its your… read more
What is the fine and/or punishment for a second offense shoplifting
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
What is the fine and/or punishment for a second offense shoplifting case? Within 5 years of first offense but after period of probation. Probation over 3 years ago. Amount stolen $260 From a departmen… read more
i was caught shoplifting approx 2 yrs ago and charged with
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
i was caught shoplifting approx 2 yrs ago and charged with petty theft, i went to court paid a fine, went to a class and had probation which i am not sure if i am on or not anymore. a few days ago (al… read more