Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Plea Bargain for a Misdemeanor In new Hampshire, What happens

Plea Bargain for a Misdemeanor In new Hampshire, What happens if Judge rejects Plea bargain...How often does a Judge reject a Plea offer, I assume it would proceed to trial
but would it be at a later date?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
The judges do not often reject plea agreements that have been approved by the prosecutor unless they find that in the interest of justice they are unfair (does not happen very often at all). If a judge rejects a plea bargain, they have the option of imposing whatever sentence they believe fair or they can allow the defendant to withdraw their plea and then the defendant and their attorney go back to negotiations with the prosecutor and it just does not automatically go to trial right away.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OKAY,thanks I assume i will not get thrown in Jail on that day?
Highly unlikely that you would get thrown in jail that day.