How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father was advised by his attorney to plead no contest to

Resolved Question:

My father was advised by his attorney to plead no contest to a probation violation. The attorney told my father that he would get sentenced to time served. My fathers probation officer told him the same thing. When my father went in front of the judge, the judge sentenced him to 22-48 months in a state penetentiary. Prior to my father getting charged for a probation violation he had filed for a divorce. The divorce is currently ongoing. His soon to be ex-wife had left him and moved out of the house to a town about 50 miles away approximately 1 yr ago. Since that he has been incarcerated she has been back to his house twice. Both times she was emptying the contents of the house with her new boyfriend. My fathers attorney said that there is nothing that the family can do to stop her. Is this correct? We have power of attorney to handle my fathers affairs, but his attorney says that there is nothing that can be done to stop her. I believe that my fathers attorney is being influenced by his wife which was a friend of my father's soon to be ex-wife.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
That is kind of, but not exactly true. The family can't do anything but your father can. He can ask for an injunction to prevent her from removing property as well as asking for an accounting of what has already been removed.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions