How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask davlabo Your Own Question
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
davlabo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with a felony in 1982. I did one year probation

Resolved Question:

I was charged with a felony in 1982. I did one year probation and adjudication was withheld. How can I have it removed from showing up on a background check?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  davlabo replied 5 years ago.

Hello. The is an expungement process in the State of Florida that may allow you to have that record expunged. There are a number of steps you would take to achieve that goal. The first step is to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Here is a link to everything you need to know. You can follow the directions as provided.

davlabo and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you