LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense Attorney
7887522

The prosecutor told me that i have to pay $ 1,500.00 for 1

The prosecutor told me that i have to pay $ 1,500.00 for 1 small tree so the total will be $ 9,000.00 and the fine and total will be $ 10,000.00. Can i bargain to the judge that I will just pay the fine and look for a landscaper to replaced the 6 trees that was cut by the tree cutting company.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today. Please give me a moment to review y

LADYLAWYER :

Have you offered this deal to the prosecutor yet?

Customer:

Not yet

LADYLAWYER :

Okay, thanks. I would do that first. But yes, you can certainly ask the judge for a different outcome here and s/he can make a ruling that way.

LADYLAWYER :

If the issue is restitution, then this sounds acceptable.

LADYLAWYER :

The judge will probably give you a certain time frame to get them replaced.

Customer:

So ithere is a possibility that the judge wiil agree with my offer.What is restitution

Customer:

So if the judge will give me a certain time frame to replace the 6 trees that will be great.

LADYLAWYER :

Yes, there is certainly a possibility, but it would be better to present this to the prosecutor first. The law of restitution is the law of gains-based recovery. It is the act of restoring to the rightful owner something that has been taken away, lost, or surrendered.

Customer:

suppose the prosecutor will not agree with my proposal, what shall I do. do i have to beg to the judge for my proposal

LADYLAWYER :

yes

Customer:

So that is what i have to do on Nov. 9, 2011 hearing.

LADYLAWYER :

I would contact the prosecutor before that and if they say no, then you will have to ask the judge to approve your proposed deal.

Customer:

okey thank you very much. good night.

LADYLAWYER :

You're welcome! And a goodnight to you! :)

LADYLAWYER :

If you have any more questions, I am happy to answer them! If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated and it will cost you nothing further to do. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

LADYLAWYER :

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Customer:

no thank you very much.