Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My Name IsXXXXX In 1995 I was convicted of

My Name IsXXXXX In 1995 I was convicted of a Dui, I completed community service 48hrs a Level 2 Alchohol Treament Program and Paid my Fines and recieved Probation, My PO IN 1997 Gave me permission to Transfer to Arizona from Colorado Due to my Job, During a Routiene Background check to go back to school, It was Discovered that there was a Warrant out for me In Colorado due to what the Clerk Termed a Revocation of Probation Complaint, Apparently after 14 years there is an outstanding court costs of 32 Dollars, when I asked where to send the Money to resolve this I was Told I my have to go back to Colorado to clear this Up, Question what my be my Options and is it possible to resolve this by mail, I was completely unaware this even excisted and this concerns me deeply after 14 Years.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, your choices are limited. 1) You have to go back and surrender to the court to pay the money or 2) you have to hire an attorney in CO to deal with the DA and court to get the warrant recalled and negotiate payment of the fines because he is appearing on your behalf. They do not pull warrants from mail or phone in. Thus, a personal appearance of some sort is required.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”