How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27742
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Can my attorney negotiate the ACD to be for six months

Customer Question

Hi, Can my attorney negotiate the ACD to be for six months instead of a year (I already did six months of temporary OP)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

The ADA can do whatever he wants to but he would have to reduce the charge to something that was not a domestic violence offense and then give you a 6 month ACD. I doubt he will be willing to do that with a matter in IDV court, but you could ask.

Otherwise, under th laws of this state, the ACD on any domestic violence matter does not seal for a year.
Zoey_ JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you