How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im a 19 year old guy, i had sex with a 17 year old girl at

This answer was rated:

im a 19 year old guy, i had sex with a 17 year old girl at a party, we were both intoxicated. shes pregnant and i want to know if her parents can charge for rape, even though it was consentual.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

The age of consent in Alaska is 16. If she consented to the sex, you cannot be charged with rape no matter how mad the parents are.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you