How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being harassed by mail .its been 2 years now. I get a

Customer Question

I am being harassed by mail .it's been 2 years now. I get a letter once evey 2-3 month. No return adress. 2-3 styles of different handwritings. On 2 different subjects. One that my husband is cheating on me. And the second that I should not be in US that I should go back to my country and stop doing business here and start Paying taxes... And other false occusations... Whomever is doi g this is doing it out of jealousy , trying to ruin my family and trying to hurt my business . They threaten to go to news 12, INS, IRS... They have sent letters to my landlord and the bank I work with... I am not a currently a US citizen yet or a green card holder, but I am very close to getting it resolved since I am married to a US citizen and have 2 children with him and run a business, employ, and pay taxes...
What right do I have? can I get a restrain ing order? Open a case? StoP this harassment? I have 2 suspects. will police do anything about it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be glad to help you.

I would suggest that you file a police report with your local police department and also with the your local postal inspector.

This type of mailings can constitute criminal harassment and the police and postal inspector would be able to conduct an investigation and based on what will be determined would be able to take an appropriate action.

Unfortunately you cannot obtain a restraining order, until the identity of the person(s) who is mailing these letters to you are established.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions or do you need for me to further clarify my answer for you?