How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a student athlete in arkansas and I am currently two hours

Customer Question

I am a student athlete in arkansas and I am currently two hours away visiting my buddy in Little Rock. We went out tonight and I got caught urinating in the parking garage. I got a disorderly conduct misdemeanor and my court date is this coming Friday at 830 am. I have baseball practice that morning and class plus my school is 2 hours away from Little Rock courthouse. Can I call the court and pay my fine through the mail, or can I change the courtdate? I heard I am going to be considered a sex offender for this is that true? Im 21 and I was urinating in a garbage can in a parking garage I dont see how I can be considered a sex offender. I want to be a policeman eventually could this affect me getting hired? How long is this on my record, and is there any way I can get it off? Lastly im worried because the policeman asked me if I have ever been arrested before and I told him no, two years ago when I was 19 I was arrested for a dui because my BAC was a 0.03...I had only had 3 beers but since I was under 21 anything over a 0.00 is considered a dui, but I got a lawyer and got it off my record and knocked down to reckless driving so I didnt know if I still oficially got arrested. I dont know im just freaking out please help me. Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

Since the prior was reduced to a reckless that will have no effect on your current issue. This is disorderly conduct, not a sex offense so you will not be on the registry. You can contact the court and pay the ticket but i would suggest that you retain an attorney and let him see if he can get it dismissed with court costs. You really need to keep this off your record if possible. The court may allow a deferment where you can do some community service and the charge will be dismissed. I usually get that done on a regular basis but each court is different. It is worth the expense of an attorney. Here is the referral site.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Your previous expert was correct, but perhaps if you have further questions that you need answered, please ask as there is nothing wrong with the quality of their answer.