How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is being consistently stalked at work by a man over

Resolved Question:

My friend is being consistently stalked at work by a man over 30 years of age in the state of Illinois, he comes in looking for her 1-2 times daily, is this illegal and what action can be taken in this case?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

No, this behavior is not legal and she does not have to take it. She can and should file a temporary restraining order. This is free to do and she would need to go to the clerk of courts in the county where this is happening and file one against this man. Moreover, the corporation should be made away of this so they could take action and contact the police, if needed.

CrimDefense and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you