How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20228
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i received a pink summons for engaging in threatening behavior where

Customer Question

i received a pink summons for "engaging in threatening behavior"where a women said i hit her kid but i did not and so i pleaded not guilty and i was told i would have to return for a trial. what should i d now and do i need a lawyer?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

I am not sure what the court said to you or you to them about counsel when you entered your plea of not guilty, but that would have been the time to ask the court to appoint you an attorney if you cannot afford one. If you can, then you will need to find one on your own. You will want to look for a local criminal defense attorney. If you do not know of an attorney in your area, you can contact the NYS Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. Their website is:

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.