How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 26yr old son who I recently learned was molested as a child

This answer was rated:

My 26yr old son who I recently learned was molested as a child has recently been arrested. The case is being investigated and not all the information is in yet but he may be looking at multiple charges of L and L with a minor. Even though he has a history of some mental illness, he was working as a psych tech at the time. We could not afford an attorney so he has a public defender. My question is, how can I best advocate for my son and, in general, what kind of penalties will be imposed? Thankyou so much. Also if you are praying people, please pray for my son. He needs help and to be held accountable but he's not, as he says,a monster.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

I certainly understand your concern. In a situation like this, he is likely facing prison time, if convicted. Even if he were to take a plea deal, prison would be included and him having to register as a sex offender upon release, would also be a requirement as well as probation. When the time comes, you could testify on behalf of your son and write the Judge a letter for him to consider during sentencing. Until all the information is obtained and reviewed, you need to be patient. His attorney will speak with you if there is something you can physically do to help the case.

CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you