LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I was convicted in 1996 of forgery I have not been in trouble

Customer Question

I was convicted in 1996 of forgery I have not been in trouble since can I get it exponge in indiana
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "I was convicted in 1996 of forgery I have not been in trouble since can I get it exponge in indiana" No, the law is not favorable to you, unfortunately. I wish the news was better, but Indiana law provides no such mechanism in the instance of a conviction. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is you cannot obtain an expungement.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok but since it has been so long cant I request they hide some things from being seen?

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

Many thanks for your payment -- greatly appreciated!

1. "Ok but since it has been so long cant I request they hide some things from being seen?" There are two things -- and only two -- that you can explore. First, you can submit a petition to the State Police Department seeking to have access to your criminal history strictly limited to criminal justice agencies only. However, to qualify for this remedy at least 15 years from the date of your discharge from imprisonment, parole or probation must have passed. Secondly, you could petition the Governor seeking a pardon.

I hope all goes smoothly for you with this matter.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!