How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

IS there any way of removing a misdeamor from your record

Customer Question

IS there any way of removing a misdeamor from your
record? It's a fifth degree misdemeanor, from 7 yrs
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

If you were convicted of a crime in Iowa, you cannot expunge the conviction from your criminal record, unless the conviction was for public intoxication. However, you may be able to expunge offenses from your criminal record if the court gave you a deferred judgment---i.e., you were placed on probation for a period of time and required to perform certain conditions. After you successfully complete the terms of your probation, you can petition the court for expungement of your record. In cases of arrest where the charges are dropped or you are acquitted at trial, you may also petition for expungement.

CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anyhow as I was saying, it hurts my ability to get a. a job, I wasn't. even guilty of this crime.,@ even the
judges was surprise that I'd pleaded guilty, can you please
help me?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
So why would you take a plea to something which you did not do?