Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

IS there any way of removing a misdeamor from your record

Customer Question
IS there any way of...
IS there any way of removing a misdeamor from your
record? It's a fifth degree misdemeanor, from 7 yrs
ago?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

If you were convicted of a crime in Iowa, you cannot expunge the conviction from your criminal record, unless the conviction was for public intoxication. However, you may be able to expunge offenses from your criminal record if the court gave you a deferred judgment---i.e., you were placed on probation for a period of time and required to perform certain conditions. After you successfully complete the terms of your probation, you can petition the court for expungement of your record. In cases of arrest where the charges are dropped or you are acquitted at trial, you may also petition for expungement.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Anyhow as I was saying, it hurts my ability to get a. a job, I wasn't. even guilty of this crime.,@ even the
judges was surprise that I'd pleaded guilty, can you please
help me?
So why would you take a plea to something which you did not do?
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty