How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I met and got my girl pregnant 4 months ago we are very passionate

Resolved Question:

I met and got my girl pregnant 4 months ago we are very passionate and I have feelings for her but when we fight it gets ugly the police have been to my house 3 times & luckily I havent been arrested but if I do my career is over she is back what should i do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. From a legal perspective, don't let things get ugly. If you are any point charged and convicted of domestic violence, it will severely impact your custody and child support rights when the child is born. It can literally set your entire life off track. Do not let it happen.

From a non-legal perspective, you will want to consider terminating your romantic involvement with her. It is hard enough to be a parent with someone with whom you have a functional relationship; if you don't mix well together romantically, you need to seriously consider just agreeing to be friends so you can raise this child in a cooperative setting. I don't know how long your romantic relationship with her will last, but you have to raise this child together for the next 18+ years no matter what happens with her.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.
Brandon M. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you