How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I get a DUI in VA, can I move to AL during my restricted

This answer was rated:

If I get a DUI in VA, can I move to AL during my restricted driver's license period?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

Yes, this should not prevent you from moving out of state because it is not a felony charge.

If you're placed on probation, you'll just have to transfer it from Va to Al, which is simple and is done all the time.

As long as the judge doesn't restrict your rights to travel out of state - which is highly unlikely - you should be fine.
Roger and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you