How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been convicted of littering in California (throwing

This answer was rated:

I have been convicted of littering in California (throwing a cigarette butt from my car) I have been fined and required to pick up litter. I have a health conditions (emphysema and multiple hernias) that makes it especially difficult or possibly injurious to my health to do labor. Can I get the sentence reduced to community service instead of community labor? I have a court appearance tomorrow to see about this.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Barr

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Yes, you could motion the court to modify the sentence imposed. based upon your current health condition. For the court to consider this, make sure when you appear tomorrow, you have some evidence to document your condition, so the Judge believes you are unable to perform the labor. A note from your doctor should suffice.

CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions