CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have been convicted of littering in California (throwing

I have been convicted of littering in California (throwing a cigarette butt from my car) I have been fined and required to pick up litter. I have a health conditions (emphysema and multiple hernias) that makes it especially difficult or possibly injurious to my health to do labor. Can I get the sentence reduced to community service instead of community labor? I have a court appearance tomorrow to see about this.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Barr

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Yes, you could motion the court to modify the sentence imposed. based upon your current health condition. For the court to consider this, make sure when you appear tomorrow, you have some evidence to document your condition, so the Judge believes you are unable to perform the labor. A note from your doctor should suffice.