How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27428
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my son arrested for domestic violence. He has a history

Customer Question

I had my son arrested for domestic violence. He has a history of domestic violence arrrests. He got mad at me and had me arrested over a month later for domestic violence harrassment involving his son, of which I have adopted. He got his so called son to lie for him against me for him. I was charged with domestic violence 111 harrassment. I am not guilty. He had threatened to do this if I had him arrested. I can stand only so much abuse. He wants my nursing licenses takened away. Cause if he is convicted he looses his police certification. He is mean, abusive, controlling, and cruel. He has to be stopped. As I said, I am not guilty. Please help! I was going to get a polygraph test to prove my innocence. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

Polygraph tests are not admissible so they prove nothing.

Hire a laywer and fight the charges. If the lawyer thinks it's a good idea for you to get a polygraph, he can do so with you quietly. That way, if it comes out inconclusive, nobody on the other side ever needs to know about it. But if it comes out the way you believe it will, he can bring it to the attention of the prosecutor along with your son's history of violence and maybe get this dismissed against you.

If you try to do this yourself without a lawyer you can end up being very sorry you didn't wait. The way to best make sure that you and your rights -- and your RN license -- are protected is to leave your defense to a pro.