How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im so sorry. last 2 weeks i made really stupid thing i my

Customer Question

i'm so sorry. last 2 weeks i made really stupid thing i my life. i was took jacket from marshell in NYC $28 and i was arrested by the police got finger print and photo after that the police siad you have to see the court next month. this is frist time and it won't happen agian in my lifr plase belive. in this time i really scared very much so i don't have family or relative here and i have F1 visa too. so i need the suggestiion from you, please

1. What should i doo next before i have to see the coust?
2. Will the coust sent me to the jail or let me back to my country and the record it shown for ever in my profile?
3. Could i come back here again after my vacation?

Thank you everyone to help me.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

You need to appear in court on the date given to you and enter a plea of not guilty. Do NOT plea guilty to your charge of petity larceny because that can have negative consequences to your F1 status because this charge can be viewed as a crime involving moral turpitude resulting you not being able to stay or return to the US. This charge is an A Misdemeanor which means it can carry a maximum punishment of up to a year in jail and fine.

Ask the judge to appoint an attorney to represent you after you plea not guilty at the arraignment. If you have no record it is possible you may go to a diversion program or be offered something called an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal which means so long as you stay out of trouble and comply with all the judge's requirements then the charge would be removed from your record.
Daniel Solutions and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have to show on 9/13/11 but i don't know how to do when i there i don't have antony because i don't have much money so. can you tell me how can i do first when i get to the court and there have free antony who work for social right?

Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
No. When you arrive to court let the court clerk know you are there. Wait for your name to be called then you can ask the judge to appoint an attorney to represent you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that mean it cannot finish within one day right? and i have to hire the lawyer also? if i have to hire the lawyer please tell me who is can help me in the right way and i don't have much money so that mean i don't know how to get the lawyer wiht out pay too can i get the lawyer who can help me wihtout pay too much money? please tell to me thank you
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
No attorney can or should predict what will happen but I doubt it will be over in one day but it should not take too long. If you do not qualify to be appointed an attorney then you should hire one. I can not recommend any one specific attorney, you would have to contact your local attorney referral service if you do not know of one in your area or you can go to to locate an attorney.