How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27572
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

yes hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i have a question i have

Resolved Question:

yes hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i have a question i have a misdemeanor in seattle w.a. in been down in v.a. fro about all most six years and i have a son not trying to lose him how can i fix this pls help me its a thetf 3%
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
Was a warrant issued?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes a warrant was issued still have it now what i need to do iam not trynig to lose my son
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
You likely want to retain a criminal defense attorney who can file a motion to lift the warrant and reset the case for hearing. At that point, you can resolve the case via a trial or plea. Seeing how the case is so old, your attorney will want to make sure the witnesses are still available to testify against you and the state can prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

but i plea guitly iam not trying to go back bec if i do iam going to get lock up i don t want to lose my son and i dont have that much money to get there or pay for a attorney is there other way for me to get it off my back ground i can pay for an attorney butt do i have to go back up there


Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
If you plead guilty and were supposed to serve jail time, you are not going to be able to avoid that. You would need to serve your time. If you are not sure about the jail time, the attorney may be able to resolve the case without you being present, if the court would allow you to enter a plea in abstenia. It would be at the discretion of the Judge, depending on the sentence. If anything, you may have to appear once to resolve the case.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was looking at 1 year in jail but i did 2weeks but i counld leave the state but i did i was live up there with a friend and he kick me out i didnt have no where to go so i came back to v.a. bce i have family here didnt want to be home less up ther that why i have a warrnt .
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
How did you get 1 year and only served 2 weeks and were released.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the jugde only give me 2 weeks i was look at 1 year but he give me 2 weeks
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
You are going to have to return to serve your time, so you would want to consider leaving your son with someone you trust over the two weeks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

lol two week iam looking at one year i said i did two weeks in jail iam not tryng to lose my son if i can do the time in v.a. ok iam dont want to go back there tryng call them they told me that they wont spend no body to get me i have to come there but i have a warrnt just want this to be over so i go on with my life

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
They are not likely going to allow you to serve your time there since that state does not have jurisdiction over the matter. If you want it to be over, your going to need to serve your timer, plain and simple. You may have to sign temporary custody over to someone while you serve your time. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question and good luck. If you have not already, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.
CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions