How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20237
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am charge with domestic violence F4. I have gone through

Resolved Question:

I am charge with domestic violence F4. I have gone through 5 pretrials while going over discovery with my attorney. In the end my attorney stated we could not win this in trial and to take a plea. An attempted was ammeneded to my charge dropiing it to an F5. I am scheduled for sentencing on august 30th, and scheduled to meet with probation august 10th for a PSI. I wanted to know if I can withdraw my plea of guilty to the attempt, retain new counsel and take my case to trial. I live in the state of ohio and this is in cuyahoga county.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Yes, you can withdraw your plea any time before sentencing is announced. So, since sentencing has not occurred, your new attorney could motion to the court for your withdrawal of your plea.
Marsha411JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you