How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102505
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Moreover, they have found out that i was involved in some illegal

Resolved Question:

Moreover, they have found out that i was involved in some illegal activities which didnt have anythin to do with my arrest. As a matter of fact, they have all the evidence for them, and I told them the truth. Now, i just wanna know if they are going to charge me for those past crimes in addition of my initial charge? I thought by cooperating with them, they would be a little easy on me. And this is why im thinkin abt hiring a paid lawyer because they might put additional charges on my case.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

What are they accusing you of in the past, as opposed to now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they are charging me with making a false material statement (using of a fake I.D). During their investigation, they searched my belongings and they found mutiple phony credit cards. They wanted to know more abt it and I told them how i got it. Even though i didnt get caught because of them, im very anxious that they add more charges to my case. As of right now, Im charged with making a false material statement, and my public defender says he doesnt know what they are going to do next with the new findings in my case.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Technically, every charge has a statute of limitations. However, false statements to authorities can be brought up later with new evidence, and it is possible to be charges; yes.

Therefore, I strongly recommend to hire an attorney at this time. It seems to me that you already have talked to the police, which was not a good move. Because they likely will want to press you for further information and bully you, an attorney is recommended!

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.
Ely and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you