Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

CIVIL SUIT BROUGHT 6 MONTHS LATER PLANTIFF TAKES RECORDS TO

Customer Question

CIVIL SUIT BROUGHT
6 MONTHS LATER PLANTIFF TAKES RECORDS TO DA
MONTH LATER PLANTFF GOES TO SHERIFFS OFFICE, POLICE DEPT AND BOTH REFUSE TO ISSUE WARRANT
PLANTIFF THEN GOES TO CLERK OF COURT WHERE WARRANT IS ISSUED AFTER RAISING CAIN
LEGALITY OF WARRANT?
Submitted: 6 years ago via LegalInfo.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry for your situation. Unfortunately, an injured party in a matter can indeed request a criminal action if the situation that arises from the civil matter may also fall under a criminal charge as well.

Just because the Plaintiff talked to the clerk of court where the warrant was issued does not necessarily itself negate the legality of the warrant. If you wish to attack the legality of the warrant, your attorney can attempt to quash it based on technicality.

However, the best thing to do at the moment is to retain an attorney if you have a warrant out against you and then upon putting down a bond with a bail bond agency, let your attorney represent your matter in the Court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”