Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What countries in central ,south america, and europe have no

Customer Question
extradition laws with the usa...
What countries in central ,south america, and europe have no extradition laws with the usa. Reading countries here on the internet is a bit confusing. I heard greece Chile , Brazil, Belize are some that I just heard and non extradition laws back to the usa. But then I am not sure of anything after reading on the internet.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/8/2011
Criminal Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Good evening! Thank you for your question!

All of the nations you named have bilateral extradition treaties with the US.
That said, some extradition treaties have limitations. For instance, some nations will not extradite the US for a capital offense (an offense for which someone can be put to death).

Below is an article outlining the nations with which the US has bilateral extradition treaties (each country will extradite to the other), though the capital offense limitation may apply with some of those nations.
You will find the list at the end of the article, complete with citations.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/98-958.pdf

I know that this probably isn't entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information.
I am having a problem with my company that dealt with hard money. My partner at timeswould not pay off the investor owning the mortgage but retain the sale and use it to pay all investors monthly as the company was going down. I was caught up in this and he said the the additional security was the notes where we guaranteed the money. I discovered after 15 years what he was doing and at that time I believed him. I rid myself of him put everything I had in it but it was too late. I did not take money but used it also to pay everyone each month till everything stopped. What I did was wrong but I never took any money personally.Now I do not know if the feds will get involved or not. That is my problem I have today. You did not mention any countries in south or central america that has non extradition laws….
I did mention those countries. I provided a comprehensive list of nations that have bilateral extradition treaties with the US. I also checked on the specific countries you named and confirmed that those countries do have treaties.
Countries not on the list do not have such treaties.

What more would you like to know?
then I do not follow. the countries I mentioned will or will not extradite a person back to the usa? second, are there situations other than the death penalty that would cause one not to be extradited ? if bilateral extradition means that both countries will send the person the the usa and visa versa? If this is true what countries will not extradite a person back to the usa? I read that there are none in SA and central america
1.
Those countries will extradite.

2.
There can be various exceptions to extradition. For instance, the US refused to extradite to another country a man for an assisted suicide charge in 2007. It can be very situational.

3.
Yes, that is what it means.

4.
If you scroll to page 46 in the document I provided, you'll see a list of nations with no bilateral extradition treaty with the US. They are too numerous to list here.
Relist: Answer quality. my question did not get answered. my question is this. Are there any countries in South America or central america that does NOT have an extradition agreement with the USA? Does Greece have an extradition agreement?
I'm sorry if the original answer was unclear. Allow me to clarify:

1. Are there any countries in South America or central america that does NOT have an extradition agreement with the USA?
No.

2. Does Greece have an extradition agreement?
Yes.

In my original answer, I explained that Greece has a bilateral extradition treaty with the US and that Greece does extradite to the US.
I also provided you with a list of all of the non-extradition countries in the world. That list includes the following countries, none of which are in South or Central America.
Afghanistan
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Benin
Bhutan
Bosnia and Herzegovinaa
Botswana
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
China
Comoros
Croatiaa
Ivory Coast (Cote D’Ivoire)
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Georgia
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Indonesia
Iran
Kazakhstan
Korea, North
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Lebanon
Libya
Macedoniaa
Madagascar
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Moldova
Mongolia
Montenegroa
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Niger
Oman
Qatar
Russian Federation
Rwanda
Sao Tome & Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia and Montenegroa
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Togo
Tunisia
Turkmenistan
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Vietnam
Western Samoa
Yemen, Republic of
Zaire

AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Relist: Answer quality.
are there any countries in south america or central america that do NOT have extradition laws with the USA and does Greece have extradition laws with the USA?
I directly responded to those questions at the beginning of a previous response. I also cited a source. I have again included those answers in this response.
Was there something else you wanted to know beyond what I provided?

I wrote:

Question: 1.
Are there any countries in South America or central america that does NOT have an extradition agreement with the USA?

Answer:
No.

Question 2.
Does Greece have an extradition agreement?
Answer:
Yes.
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer