How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir/Mame I was convicted for protecting myself agaiinst

Customer Question

I was convicted for protecting myself agaiinst a breakin. I was charged with murder. I recieved a 30year sentence for felony. I was imnprisoned for 10yrs and finisheded my 20 year parole in 2010. I am, now, interested in expunging my record. Is it possible?
If so, how do I proceed. I am 61 years old and I am tryingto improve my life.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


An expungement in DC is available only when a person is arrested on a misdemeanor and not convicted.


Thus, you aren't likely eligible for unemployment in this instance since you were actually convicted.

Roger and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
You could also apply for a pardon, which because you're in DC is treated as any federal pardon request and goes to the president of the United States for consideration. Pardon applications are handled in the states with applications to the governor of that state.