RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

i NEVER WENT BEFORE THE JUDGE,NEVER FINGERPRINTED,GOT EXPUNGEMENT

i NEVER WENT BEFORE THE JUDGE,NEVER FINGERPRINTED,GOT EXPUNGEMENT WILL IT SHOW UP ON A BACKGROUND CHECK?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.

Correct, it will not show up on a background check. When an expungement is ordered in Ohio, the court must order all official records pertaining to the case sealed and all index references to the case deleted. Upon issuance of the order, the proceedings in the case shall be considered not to have occurred, and the conviction of the person (if the person was convicted) subject to the proceedings shall be sealed.

**********************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code, and compensate me for my time as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.