How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal-Guru Your Own Question
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1366
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal-Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my 12 year old son got into a fight and the court has

This answer was rated:

Hello, my 12 year old son got into a fight and the court has drawn this case out to now 12 court appointments, (No trial) at $33.00 each and they want him to be on probation for a year, anger classes, and drug testing all at my expense. (Averaging total of $150.00+ a month) I have been told in Colorado at the end or befor the end of a criminal court case there is a term/word that can be presented to a judge to state the defendant or the family of the defendant, has no income/money to pay the court fees and or any other court ordered classes or testing. I do not have the money to pay these fees or fines please does anyone know this term, Thank you for your help.
I believe you mean "indigent".

You will have to show the judge that you are indigent and ask him or her to waive the court costs and probation fees. It's unlikely that the drug testing fees or anger management class fees can be waived because that money goes to the company or agency conducting the testing or classes.
Legal-Guru and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you