How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27545
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How long does a misdemeanor stay on your record in South C

Resolved Question:

How long does a misdemeanor stay on your record in South Carolina?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
What was it for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Simple possession of marijuana
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.

It is always going to stay on your record forever. It is not something that would just drop off after a period of time. If you are a first time offender and the case is still open, you can inquire about entering into a pre-trial diversion program to get the case dismissed.

Pursuant to South Carolina Code of Laws § 44-53-450(b), any
person who has been sentenced to a "Conditional Discharge" for their first
offense of simple possession of marijuana, may, upon completion of the
sentencing requirements, apply to the court for an order to expunge from all
official records all information relating to his arrest, indictment, trial,
finding of guilty, and dismissal and discharge pursuant to this section. No
person as to whom such order has been entered shall be held thereafter under any
provision of any law to be guilty of perjury or otherwise giving a false
statement by reason of his failures to recite or acknowledge such arrest, or
indictment or information, or trial in response to any inquiry made of him for
any purpose

CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions