Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

does it do any good to write the governor of a state to try

Customer Question
does it do any good...
does it do any good to write the governor of a state to try to get a pardon for a person convicted of first degree murder who has already served 16 yrs and this was actually a self defense case but the jury in Nevada was enciuraged to see it differently as the deceased was the son of a small time drug dealer and the jury I feel was afraid to see it any other waY.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/3/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

You never know until you try. If you have done some community service or supported good causes since your release you may have a chance. A pardon advisory board will likely give you a chance to speak on your behalf so you can present reasons why you request a pardon.

They can then take a vote and pass their recommendations on to the governor.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.attorneysaccess.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

you answered as though my sonis already out of prison, he's not maybe I used the wrong word maybe it's parole instead of pardon, I need help getting him out

Cases of wrongful conviction are normally dealt with by appeals rather than a pardon. Sometimes, however, a pardon may work.

http://www.pardons.nv.gov/

The link above will give you the application that needs to be filed for a NV pardon.

Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer