How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am submitting proof of non-reported income for 11 differnet

This answer was rated:

I am submitting proof of non-reported income for 11 differnet years to the IRS. Once the fraud is confirmed, when does the IRS pay the 15% reward, when they confirm the violation or when the money is collected? I am concerned because IRS will garnish wages long term or work out a payment plan when the amount is large and I wanted to know how that effects the reward. In addition, If the amount unreported, $300,000 over 11 years, is large enough and is deliberate, are they likely to file criminal charges?
They pay the reward when they confirm the validity of the claim and institute action against the violator, not when the money is paid. If they do not pay, you are entitled to file a "qui tam" action against them for payment. Generally, if a violator agrees to pay or settles with them, they will not pursue criminal charges because they prefer to just get their money.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you