How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property

Customer Question

I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property in Indiana and it was reduced to a class a misdemeanor. Now 10yrs. later it still shows in background checks as a felony charge. I have all paper work stating that it was reduced. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.

Please click the ACCEPT button, even if you have placed a deposit or are on a subscription plan. So you were charged with a felony?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Initially I was charged with a felony receiving stolen property, then reduced in the plea bargain I took, but it still shows up as a felony in a background check.