Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

have been on non revocable parole since april 24, 2010. when

Customer Question
will i discharge parole?...
have been on non revocable parole since april 24, 2010. when will i discharge parole?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/2/2011
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

What are you on parole for? What was the sentence you were given

Customer:

possession of a controlled substance. sentenced to 3 years.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Thank you for that information. You should be released 30 days after you have been on parole for one year. So that would be on or about May of this year. If you have not been formally released, you may contact the Parole Boardd and inquire about it

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck
Samuel-II :

Here is the section of the CA Penal Code 3001 that would apply

Samuel-II :

3001. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, when any
person referred to in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section
3000 who was not imprisoned for committing a violent felony, as
defined in subdivision (c) of Section 667.5, has been released on
parole from the state prison, and has been on parole continuously for
one year since release from confinement, within 30 days, that person
shall be discharged from parole, unless the Department of
Corrections recommends to the Board of Prison Terms that the person
be retained on parole and the board, for good cause, determines that
the person will be retained. Notwithstanding any other provision of
law, when any person referred to in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b)
of Section 3000 who was imprisoned for committing a violent felony,
as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 667.5, has been released on
parole from the state prison for a period not exceeding three years
and has been on parole continuously for two years since release from
confinement, or has been released on parole from the state prison for
a period not exceeding five years and has been on parole
continuously for three years since release from confinement, the
department shall discharge, within 30 days, that person from parole,
unless the department recommends to the board that the person be
retained on parole and the board, for good cause, determines that the
person will be retained. The board shall make a written record of
its determination and the department shall transmit a copy thereof to
the parolee.

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law