How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of a 4th degree sexual misconduct a few years

Resolved Question:

I was convicted of a 4th degree sexual misconduct a few years ago when I was about 18 I moved a year later back to an old address that was still on file with the local police, but they didn't agree and I was convicted of failure to register. I now have a felony conviction on my record. Fast forward, I'm 25, ive been in full compliance, I'm such a low risk I don't have a risk level assigned, I am extremely proactive with making sure all my information is current, I'm attending college, but the felony thing is making it hard to get a job. Is there any chance I can get it expunged?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, Minnesota doesn't allow the expungement of sexual crime convictions. The only possible solution it so apply for a pardon from the Governor. If that is granted then you have an argument for expungement or at least a sealing of the record.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you