How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got arrested for a DUI when I blew a .09. I got pulled over

Customer Question

I got arrested for a DUI when I blew a .09. I got pulled over because of a broken tail light, not because I was driving poorly. I also was very coopertaive with the police and gave them no problems. I have never been in any kind of legal trouble before. Do you think I can drop my charge down to a wet and reckelss? If so, how should I ask this in court? Also, how do I go about asking for a liscence to drive to and from work?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A wet reckless plea is likely to be offered since your blood alcohol content was under .10. A wet reckless is a misdemeanor charge. There is no drivers license suspension or mandatory alcohol education classes in a wet reckless plea.

The prosecutor would typically offer the plea. If not, you will want to plea not guilty to the DUI and request a conference with the prosecutor.
Ellen and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, should I accept that plea or is it a wise decision to plea not guilty?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I cannot ethically tell you what to do since I do not represent you. However people in your position would typically take the plea to a wet reckless if offered.

Please let me know if you need further assistance

Related Criminal Law Questions