How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer to get a charge drop. ( domestic destruction

Resolved Question:

I need a lawyer to get a charge drop. ( domestic destruction of property )
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry, but JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers - we only provide general information. Ergo, you cannot retain counsel from this site.

If you seek pro bono or low cost counsel, I have a few suggestions. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state:

Second, call your local law school and ask for the criminal law clinic.While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list for them:

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I get the charge drop ?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Can you please tell me more about what happened that caused you to be charged?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Me & the father of my child was as he was leaving ii hit his car with a that's how I was charge with the domestic of property.this was in august 2010 I got a letter saying I can pay 200$ today but I cant afford that rite now.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. You would have to plea not guilty and either let your attorney negotiate an agreement or go to trial. There really is not a "silver bullet" way to drop a charge, I am afraid.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What's a silver bullet ? Do my case sound bad ? I dnt have a attorney.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
I was using an allegory term "silver bullet" to explain that there is no special way to drop a case.

You can plead guilty.

You can negotiate a plea deal with the prosecutor via your attorney (a court-appointed attorney may be appointed if you cannot afford one).

Otherwise, you can take the case to trial, in hopes that you would be found not guilty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Or i can just pay the 200 rite ?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
If you agree to simply pay the fine, you would be admitting guilt; but of course you have the right to choose to do this or not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answers
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
My pleasure, and good luck.