How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16622
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi two weeks ago i traded my truck for the car. I do have

Resolved Question:

Hi two weeks ago i traded my truck for the car. I do have his handwriting that he traded his and his driver license number on it, as well as a title for the car but he didnt sign the title. I did gave him a title for my truck as well.
Now he wants his car back and he is claiming that if im not gonna give it back to him he will report it stolen.
What should do take in order to avoid all the legal problems which can accure
. thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Is the bill of sale signed by the individual with whom you had a trade?

Also is he willing to give you your truck back?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes he is willling to give my truck back but i dont want to give his car back as already fixed a/c system $1200 replaced 4 tires for $450 did major tune up all filters, fuel, air, oil, spark plugs and wires paid $280 oil change rear differential flush tranmssison flush other $200 i ended up spending over $2300 for repairs and 150 for complete detailing the car. and he is not going to pay me almost $2500 back

he gave me a handwriting that he traded the car with his signuture driver license number as well if you want i can scan it an email it to you

Expert:  replied 6 years ago.
I am unable to review documents, however you will need to obtain a title from the person who sold you the truck.

There are only 2 options that you have:

1) To try to resolve it with the other person

2) File a small claims court case and have the judge make a determination based on the evidence, your witness and the fact that you have invested a lot of money into this car and it would be an unjust enrichment if the party who traded the car with you was to get this car back with all the repairs/improvements.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Alex J. Esq. and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions